You might have read that one of the key benefits of an industrial tent structure from Allsite is that it is completely relocatable. That means once it is installed on your site, it can be quickly and easily moved to another location on the site or wherever you need it to be.
The main reason this is possible is the light weight, yet heavy duty, materials used in our tensioned fabric structures, namely aluminum.
The weight of aluminum is not the only benefit of this versatile material, so it is not the only reason our industrial tent structures are better because of it. Here are 11 more ways aluminum makes our products great.
11 reasons why our industrial tent structure is made better by aluminum:
- Aluminum structures are naturally corrosion resistant. The outer layer of aluminum naturally self-protects against moisture damage by creating an oxide coating. That means your industrial tent structure will withstand the elements without extra protective measures like additional painted-on coatings. Steel can rust, leading to structural compromise that can be dangerous. Aluminum, on the other hand is not only rust-resistant but also resistant to discoloration as well.
- Aluminum structures are fast to build. Aluminum requires no painting, so a TFS with aluminum framework is fast to build.Again, this is due to its corrosion-resistant properties. That means one less step in the process of building a TFS, which translates into cost savings and significant timesavings as well.
- Aluminum-framed TFS are durable.Because they are resistant to corrosion, TFS made with aluminum require little maintenance so they are durable, hard-wearing, and long-lasting, too.
- Aluminum structures are more easily relocatable.In the “old days”, many precursors to the tensioned fabric building may have been made of steel rather than aluminum. With a density of 2.72 mg/m cubed, aluminum is much lighter than steel, which makes it easily relocatable. Do you need to move your industrial tent structure to another spot at your job site? No problem. With a crane or available wheels, your TFS can be moved in an afternoon.
- Aluminum makes our structures much easier to ship to your location.One of the reasons Allsite is able to install a TFS surprisingly quickly and almost anywhere in the world is because our aluminum framework is so lightweight. That means it is easily transported with minimal cost, especially when compared to steel beams. In fact, aluminum can weigh up to 65% less than steel without compromising strength. After all, ask any architect and he or she will tell you aluminum is what makes modern-day skyscrapers possible.
- Aluminum is a LEED-favored material. The number of businesses concerned with ‘going green’ is steadily increasing. Aluminum is recyclable and sustainable and a Leed favored material.
- Aluminum is easy to recycle.Not only does aluminum take minimal energy to convert into a reusable form, it loses none of its great properties in the process.
- Aluminum is safer to recycle.Continuing with our green theme, one of the things we like about aluminum is that when recycled, it does not emit toxins, as other metals might. No poisonous gases mean a better world for all of us.
- Aluminum is almost always recycled at a structure’s end of life.According to a study by the Delft University of Technology, 95% of aluminum that is used in the construction industry is recycled.
- Aluminum is incredibly strong.The aluminum alloy used in Allsite’s industrial tent structures is so strong it can easily support the wide range of customizations we offer. These include lighting systems, sports scoreboards and more.
- Using aluminum means energy savings. The use of recycled aluminum in the construction industry is standard and widespread. That is great because it translates into a 90% reduction in energy consumption. Plus, 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
As you can see, many of the reasons why we use aluminum have to do with the fact that it can be just as strong as steel but a fraction of the weight. Many of the reasons we use aluminum also has to do with the “green factor”, which means a lot to us here at Allsite.
If you would like to find out more and see whether an Allsite industrial tent structure is right for your business, give us a call at 888.599.5112. We would love to hear from you.
- The Aluminum Association. “Building & Construction”. Retrieved 5/23/2016 from http://www.aluminum.org/product-markets/building-construction
- Leone, Jay. “Properties of Steel Vs. Aluminum”. Retrieved 5/23/2016 from http://www.ehow.com/about_5627466_properties-steel-vs_-aluminum.html
- “Significant Savings in Aluminum Conduit” American Conduit by Sapa. Retrieved 5/23/2016 from http://www.americanconduit.com/significant-savings-aluminum-conduit
Allsite Structure Rentals is headquartered at 4090 W Hacienda Ave #110, Las Vegas, NV 89118, providing quality engineered all-weather tension fabric structures for temporary, short or long-term use in a variety of applications. It is part of the Alexander Pacific Group of Companies serving a broad range of industries worldwide to fulfill their fabric structure needs.