Like all our favorite sports in the United States, tennis was hit hard due to the coronavirus pandemic. The impact was immediate, occurring within days of the COVID-19 shutdown in March 2020. From casual to amateur and professional competition, the beloved sport came to a grinding halt. Five months of the pro tennis season was cancelled. For the first time since World War II, the Wimbledon Championship tournament did not take place.
Adapting Play to COVID Restrictions
During the pandemic, many still participate in some level of play. The United States Tennis Organization (USTA) published a set of guidelines for tennis players based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These guidelines are likely to remain in effect for some time to come. One advantage that tennis has over many other sports is that it does not require close physical contact and allows for natural social distancing. For the foreseeable future, players should familiarize themselves with the USTA COVID guidelines before heading back to the tennis courts.
Awaiting the Return of World Class Tennis
With the challenging year of 2020 now behind us, players and fans are looking forward to 2021 being a better year for tennis. With vaccines available and being rapidly deployed in the US, the tennis industry is hoping for a return to some level of normal play by the fourth quarter of this year. Both men’s and women’s tennis have scheduled upcoming tournaments around the world, including some returning in the US. With pro-tennis on the way back, regional and local tennis clubs are also looking forward to a restart of play, and preparing to come out swinging.
Have your Tennis Facility Ready to Restart Play
With the expectation of tennis and other racket sports returning to normal as much as possible by late 2021 or early 2022, now is the ideal time to plan for the return of players, coaches, and fans. Allsite Structure Rentals is here when your organization is ready with high clearance, spacious tension fabric structures perfect for tennis, badminton, pickleball, field hockey, gymnastics, or virtually any sport. As an indoor venue, our Tension Fabric Structure (TFS) building provides a perfect space for play any time of year and any time of day or night.
Benefits of a Tension Fabric Tennis Building
The Allsite TFS stands out from other temporary structures for its materials and durability. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect when you rent a TFS from Allsite:
- Cost savings: There is no need to purchase and maintain a traditional framed building, and no need to prepare the ground before installation. The TFS is fast, easy and less costly than a new building.
- Fast availability. Fast availability, with inventory ready for immediate shipment, and quick installation times, typically less than 2 weeks from order for most tennis applications.
- Spacious capacity: large enough to accommodate multiple courts of play, stands for fans, concession stands, overhead signage and player preparation areas. TFS is available in a number of widths and to your specifications for length (at 5 meter increments).
- Flexibility to change location when needed. The TFS is easily relocatable or disassembled and transported by truck to a new location.
- Long lifespan compared to other types of temporary or permanent sporting structures. The industrial grade fabric in TFS lasts decades and the highly durable engineered aluminum alloy frame has an indefinite lifespan. Rust and corrosion free, it is designed to stand up to the elements and harsh weather, letting your players enjoy their comfortable indoor tennis courts, no matter the weather.
- Reliable year round use. Unlike tents, these buildings compete with traditional structures for reliability and durability, and are low maintenance and available for year round use.
- Indoor play protection:
- Protection of playing surfaces since they are not exposed to weather elements or players tracking in mud and dirt from their shoes.
- Play goes on in good or bad weather. No need to reschedule due to rain, snow or wind.
- Sun protection keeps players, coaches, and fans safe from harmful ultraviolet (UV) ray exposure or heatstroke, while also keeping the sun out of players’ eyes for more competitive play.
- Year-round temperature control ensures a comfortable environment inside no matter what the weather outside. Interior lighting means courts are available day or night.
- Great place for play. Protected from wind, rain and outside noises, these indoor tennis courts provide the perfect space for lessons and team practice. Enjoy hours of play in a comfortable space that allows players to fully concentrate on their game.
Lease or Purchase a TFS from Allsite Structure Rentals Today
No matter where your tennis organization plays, Allsite can help with your indoor tennis facility needs. We offer complete turnkey solutions that can be quickly up and running and good for year-round access to your tennis courts. Please contact us at 888-599-5112 for more information.